Launch Octave 4.0.0 inside Terminal (Ubuntu)

From: Ivan Duran
Subject: Launch Octave 4.0.0 inside Terminal (Ubuntu)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 17:26:54 +0300

I have been using Octave in Mac, which runs inside a terminal session, which I prefer. Now I switched to Ubuntu and installed octave (apt-get install octave), but whenever I run $ octave in the command line, the GNU is launched instead.

I would prefer, at least to have the option, to launch octave within the terminal or tmux session, so I can use Vim and vim-slime to send lines of code from vim to the tmux session/panel running octave.

Thanks in advance for the help,

--
Ivan Duran