How to install Octave 4.0.0? No dmg file, source install failed.

From: C W
Subject: How to install Octave 4.0.0? No dmg file, source install failed.
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 16:04:34 -0500

Dear Octave list,

I am having a hard time installing Octave 4.0.0 from binary source.  After searching around, It looks like I am not alone.

Why there is not a ready-to-go dmg file?  My gcc is having compatibility problems.

I am using OS X El Capitan.  Here's the configuration log file

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/3001cc533d971a3bbc30

Can anyone who successfully installed let me know what you did?

Thanks so much!

Mike