Re: Problems import xlsx using OCT interface and io.2.2.11 ?

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Problems import xlsx using OCT interface and io.2.2.11 ?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:18:47 -0800 (PST)

Birger Bech Jessen wrote
> Please read my second line 'Using xlsread from io 2.2.1.....'
>
> I can add that I have used earlier versions of octave and io and xlsread
> plus the needed java etc with ok succes.  So I simply do not understand
> why the latest version using OCT-interface gives that error...
> I have off course also tested the xlsx file and even tried a xlsm
> version.. still no succes.
> I may have to degrade to ealier version using xls-version of spreadshit,
> but I certainly would prefer to be updated with the newest versions...
>
> so  ???

If it is reproducible, a bug report would be a good idea:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
Please include an. xlsx file that shows the error + how you tried to read
it. Please also indicate how that .xlsx-file was created.

There's io-2.4.0 in the making, I'd like to have bugs squashed before that
release is there.

Philip