Plot function not working

From: jegg17
Subject: Plot function not working
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 10:52:57 -0800 (PST)

Greetings everyone,

I had to switch computers and downloaded Octave 4.0 on my new computer
(Windows 7), but I am currently not able to use the plot function at
all...the window freezes and the program has to be manually shut down. I've
been reading about changing the graphics toolkit to 'gnuplot', but that
hasn't solved my issue either. I did not have this issue on my previous
computer and am a little stumped, to say the least. I also tried installing
the 'general' package, but am still unable to plot.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance