Re: wrapToPi function

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: wrapToPi function
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 12:15:55 -0500

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 15:37:59 -0800, Oscar wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to post my implementation of wrapToPi function. It is available in
> > Matlab but is still missing in Octave. I hope it will be included in a
> > future versions of octave or one of its toolboxes. For sure it can be
> > improved but I believe it is fast enough.
>
> Thanks for offering this function. The best way to contribute a new
> function to Octave is to post it to the patch tracker
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=additem&group=octave
>
> Please post the file there, as it will likely be lost and forgotten here
> on the mailing list. Please also make a note that it should be added to
> the Octave "mapping" package.

2 silly questions:
1 - does anyone generally care about unicode, etc. character sets in
the source? I only ask because the O in Oscar renders quite
differently depending on my browser setting, and my default text
editor sees it as it's saved, which isn't with the accent. I'm
unfamiliar with whether there's a preferred set to use or if it
matters.

2 - Oscar, seems like there are 2 or three nearly identical functions
also not implemented:
wrapTo180, wrapTo2Pi, wrapToP360.

Those seems like minor changes to what you've written for wraptopi.
Would you be able to post those along with WrapToPi?

nickj