Re: .MAT files cannot be loaded

From: Jonathan Camilleri
Subject: Re: .MAT files cannot be loaded
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 11:58:30 +0100

Apologies.

On 4 December 2015 at 11:56, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:

On 4 Dec 2015, at 11:48, Helios de Rosario <address@hidden> wrote:

> And the data file is not a valid mat file. I have looked at the
> contents. It's a binary file, and the header does not match MATLAB's
> specification.
> http://es.mathworks.com/help/pdf_doc/matlab/matfile_format.pdf
>
> Helios

the file attached to the email is the resource fork of a file saved
by an OSX machine on a non HFS file system ...

that is not the real data file, the real data file would have the
same name except for the initial dot-underscore (._)

so you should look for a file named IrisData.mat, which contains the
real data.

If you are not using OSX you can just delete the file named ._IrisData.mat

c.

--
Jonathan Camilleri

Mobile (MT): ++356 7982 7113
E-mail: address@hidden
Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.

I usually reply to emails within 2 business days.  If it's urgent, give me a call.

and, angel start-up investment opportunities available at http://slyth3.wix.com/jon-business.
Online resume is available online at http://mt.linkedin.com/in/jonathancamilleri and shared bookmarks at https://delicious.com/jon80.