Symbolic package doesn't work, Gnu Octave on Android smartphone

From: Lorenz SChloesser
Subject: Symbolic package doesn't work, Gnu Octave on Android smartphone
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 13:24:59 +0000 (UTC)

Hello, dear Octave community,

recently I installed Gnu Octave 3.8.2 in my Android smartphone. I can run Octave, it works as expected.

But when using operations which required the symbolic package (for example ">syms s" or, using the laplace operator) I get following error message: "error:'syms' undefined near line 1".

I have tried different actions (installing phyton 3.4.3, sympy 0.7.6.1, checking all installed packages, updating, etc) without success. The package symbolic is installed and the OS (linux 3.4.0) shows it as working.

By now, after several attempts, i have not a clue about what to do next for solving the problem!

For better understanding the error messages generated and some more information about system configuration, please take a look at the attached files.

For any kind of help I would be very thankful.