Re: Importing data from excel file.

From: Rtinek
Subject: Re: Importing data from excel file.
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 05:29:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have quite the same problem like NJank.
I am fighting little bit with importing data from xls. (Unfortunately it is
not possible to convert these data
to another format now.)

I have: Octave 4.0.0 and Windows 8

Because I also I didn't have the i/o pacage so I tried to install it.
I behaved according to this link.

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Importing-data-from-excel-file-td4672917.html
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Importing-data-from-excel-file-td4672917.html>

I used:

cd ( [ OCTAVE_HOME  filesep  "src"])
pkg  install  -auto  windows-1.2.1.tar.gz

then:

>>pkg list
Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
--------------+---------+-----------------------
     windows *|   1.2.1 |
C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\share\octave\packages\windows-1.2.1

>> help xlsread
error: help: Functions for spreadsheet style I/O (.xls .xlsx .sxc .ods .dbf
.wk1
etc.) are provided in the io package. See `http://octave.sf.net/io/'.

Please read `http://www.octave.org/missing.html' to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.

But there is still impossible to use xlsread function.

I tried to use another commands like:

pkg load io
pkg install -forge -auto io
pkg rebuild -auto io

 it didn't works also.

My question is, if I need to install this i/o package in different way?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Martin