Re: Plotting a graph out of different data sets that consist of numbers

From: Dave Cottingham
Subject: Re: Plotting a graph out of different data sets that consist of numbers and labels
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 11:34:36 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Camilleri <address@hidden>
To: Help GNU Octave <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 17:10:16 +0100
I am trying to plot a graph which makes sense to me, which is difficult to crunch in a single function, but let's say I want to see numeric data and labels as legends of this data to start with and then according to my professor I have to use different techniques to make the machine learn something new from the data, which is the tougher part.

The problem with my simplistic code is that I have no way of telling Octave that iris_data_1 and labels are just different columns of a single matrix that consists of different data types, so I had to tinker using a spreadsheet solution a process that I would have to automate later.

I was reading the cookbook at http://wiki.octave.org/Cookbook, and, I am no Jamie Olivier yet, unfortunately.

I ran:
addpath('...')
load('iris-data-1.dat')
load('iris-data-label.dat')
plot(...) //this is the part that is tough, because I do not know how to link the data so that the iris-data-label.dat file appears as a legend on the y axis.
plot(mean(íris-data)

//this seems to work, I am not sure how to measure the accuracy though.

--
Jonathan Camilleri

Mobile (MT): ++356 7982 7113
E-mail: address@hidden
Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.

I usually reply to emails within 2 business days.  If it's urgent, give me a call.

You might find this helpful:

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Changing-tick-text-on-axis-td1632006.html

 - Dave Cottingham