Re: (no subject)

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 07:57:10 -0800 (PST)

Pantxo wrote

> Jonathan Camilleri wrote
>> I cannot quite logon to https://savannah.gnu.org, and, somehow I cannot
>> retrieve my password again.
>>
>> I was trying to plot a graph with the value of the first row of a matrix
>> as
>> a proportion of the rest of the matrix, but somehow I did not succeed.
>>
>> addpath('C:\Users\slyth_000\Downloads\temp\src\data-sets')
>> load('iris-data.csv')
>> iris_data      150x4              4800  double
>> plot (r1/iris_data(:,:)) //does not work
>> plot (r1/max(iris_data(:,:))) //does not work
>>

>> [image: Inline images 1]
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Camilleri
>>
>> Mobile (MT): ++356 7982 7113
>> E-mail:

>> camilleri.jon@

>> Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this
>> e-mail.
>>
>> I usually reply to emails within 2 business days.  If it's urgent, give
>> me
>> a call.

>> image.png (237K)
>> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4673596/0/image.png>
>> iris-data.csv (3K)
>> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4673596/1/iris-data.csv>

Jon,

It looks like you don't distinguish the purpose of the bug tracker and the
help mailing list. Let me explain:
* The help mailing list is where you should ask questions about functions or
parts of Octave language you don't understand *even after having read the
documentation* [1].
* The bug tracker is where you should go when you think you have identified
a bug, which often means you are able to show that a function doesn't work
as the documentation states or behaves differently from the matlab
counterpart.

Now about your present question, let me answer  with a few questions: What
is the shape of r1? Are you trying to rescale r1 with regards to the maximum
value of the whole iris_data matrix?

Pantxo