Re: Function of vector with meshgrid and surf

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Function of vector with meshgrid and surf
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:26:39 -0800 (PST)

karl wrote
> I have a small problem with the syntax.
> How do I have to modify the line "Z=frame([X,Y])" that the surf command
> works and gives the surface?

X and Y are matrices (in your case 11x11) and [X,Y] is even 11x(2*11). Your
functions expects vectors and thus it does not work properly. You either
have to modify "frame" to allow matrix input or you have to loop over the
entries. Here are three possibilities:

function karl
        x1=0:0.1:1;
        [X,Y]=meshgrid(x1,x1);