Re: pkg install -forge seems broken

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: pkg install -forge seems broken
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 12:10:15 -0500

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please Elini,
>
> do NOT email directly to developers, use the help-octave mailing list. And
> keep the help-octave mailing list in cc
>
> Read on...
>
> Siva, Elilini  wrote:
>>
>> Hi Philip,
>>
>> Firstly, thanks for developing Octave – it’ll be very helpful once I’ve
>> successfully installed it.
>>
>> I have downloaded Octave and the IO package, so that I may use xlsread.
>> On attempting to install, I get the following
>

> <unreadable screenshot>
>
> Please copy verbatim from the terminal.
>
> I could decipher something like
>  "...could not read URL, please verify internet connection"
>
> Well, that error message is clear enough.
> ==> Did you check your internet connection?
>

> Philip

Additionally, without knowing the exact problem, if you downloaded the
io package you don't need to use the -forge option.  you can just do
pkg install <filename> as long as your active directory is the same as
where the file is saved. (you can use the file/folder tree to navigate
there if you have to)

Nick J.