Re: Octave VRML import

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Octave VRML import
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 11:58:47 +0000

On 31 October 2015 at 23:38, Etienne Grossmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2015-10-29 07:03, Carnë Draug wrote:
>> Yes, the patch is good.  You should however follow the commit message
>> guidelines
>>
>>     http://wiki.octave.org/Commit_message_guidelines
>>
>> and the attach it to the patch tracker where the patch itself can be
>> reviewed (you should add a test for the change, and use print_usage()
>> instead of 'help foo; error ("Wrong arguments")').
>
> "print_usage()" doesn't print the whole help text, so I kept "help".

It does not print the whole help text by design.  It only prints the
function synopsis.  This is the convention in Octave and behaving like
that will provide a coherent experience to the users.

>> See the "Making a package release section" at
>>
>>     http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html
>>

> I stumble at "Post the package, html docs and md5". I don't see
> any "post" or "upload" link on
> http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases. Any advice here?

You can't upload anything since you're not an Octave Forge developer.
You should not be uploading anything that has not been pushed to the
repo either.  You should sort out getting your patch accepted and
pushed first.

Carnë