Re: Download GNU Octave for tablet

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: Download GNU Octave for tablet
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 13:36:38 +0000

On 31 October 2015 at 13:15, Oliver Heimlich <address@hidden> wrote:
On 31.10.2015 13:04, Vincenzo Pizzichetta wrote:
> I bought a tablet with operating system Android. I would like to install
> on the device GNU Octave. Where can I download and how much space on the
> memory the program takes up ?
>
> Thank you.

I have no experience myself, but you could give one of these a try:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.octave

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gnuroot.octave

I have tried both of those on a couple of different Android devices. Neither worked on either. Unusually complex install for an Android app through play.

A previous version from the same developer worked for a short while in the past. After an OS upgrade it never worked again. The follow-up support is poor.

--
/* andy buckle */