Re: Octave VRML import

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Octave VRML import
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:03:19 +0000

On 29 October 2015 at 05:09, Etienne Grossmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2015-10-28 10:14, Carnë Draug wrote:
>
>> On 27 October 2015 at 17:44, Etienne Grossmann <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> [...] PS: If you use the vrml package, you may prefer the one attached,
>>> which works better w/ new Octaves. On Debian/Ubuntu, you may want to apt-get
>>> install view3dscene and vrml_set_browser("view3dscene"). I'd submit these
>>> changes to octave-forge, but after RTFM a little, I haven't figured out how
>>> to submit patches :-(
>>
>> I am forwarding you again the email I sent you back then.  Let me know
>> if there's anything not clear.
>>
>> Carnë

Yes, the patch is good.  You should however follow the commit message
guidelines

    http://wiki.octave.org/Commit_message_guidelines

and the attach it to the patch tracker where the patch itself can be
reviewed (you should add a test for the change, and use print_usage()
instead of 'help foo; error ("Wrong arguments")').

> How does the hg repo http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/vrml/ci/default/tree/
> become a package?

See the "Making a package release section" at

    http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html

Those are the actual setps to make a release but most packages nowadays
use a Makefile and just run "make release".  See:

    http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/statistics/file/default/Makefile
    http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/signal/file/default/Makefile
    http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/image/file/1102459d894d/Makefile

> I notice that sourceforge (and pkg install) still carries
> the outdated vrml-1.0.13.

It's not outdated.  It is the last release made.

Carnë