Re:

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re:
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 06:01:48 -0400

On Oct 27, 2015 4:10 AM, "Jonathan Camilleri" <camilleri.jon@gmail.com> wrote:

> There must be something I am doing wrong because I am not seeing the results on the graph, how does plotting matrices work?
>
> Command line:
> >> A=[1,2;5,6];
> >> B=[3,3;5,6];
> >> plot(A,B, `--')
> error: invalid character '`' (ASCII 96) near line 1, column 12
> parse error:
>
>   syntax error

>               ^
>
> >> plot(A,B)
> >>
> Using windows/CLI
> I get the impression by reading the plot help that I can specify a format however again something must be wrong in my understanding of the FMT parameter.
>

> --
> Jonathan Camilleri
>
> Mobile (MT): ++356 7982 7113
> E-mail: camilleri.jon@gmail.com
> Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.
>
> I usually reply to emails within 2 business days.  If it's urgent, give me a call.

This is one of those cases where the error message actually told you all you need to know.

> error: invalid character '`' (ASCII 96) near line 1, column 12
> parse error:
>
>   syntax error

It tells you that you used an invalid character, this created a syntax error and it couldn't parse the line.  It even told you the offending character.

Very simple things like this creep up in everyone's code. You need to learn to look for them first, as they've made up most of your issues to date. Read the page linked below for more help:

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Errors.html