installing package in Win8

From: Ajit Haridas
Subject: installing package in Win8
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:45:10 +0530

Hi:

I am new to Octave. Am migrating my programs from Matlab .

I use Win 8 and installed Octave 4.0.0  GUI.

I tried to install the excel io package ( pkg install -forge io)

I get the following error from Windows ‘ as.exe has stopped working’.  On closing as.exe, Octave reports:

make: *** [csvexplode.oct] Error 1

make: Entering directory `/tmp/oct-H4CdmR/io/src'

mkoctfile csvexplode.cc

make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-H4CdmR/io/src'

pkg: error running `make' for the io package.

error: called from 'configure_make' in file C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\share\octave\4.0.0\m\pkg\private\configur

e_make.m near line 96, column 9

Would be most grateful for your help.  I tried the FAQ but failed to find an answer.

Rgds,

Ajit Haridas,

Chief Scientist,  NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram 695019, India