Failure compiling octave under Ubuntu 14.04

From: Jose Marcos Ferraro
Subject: Failure compiling octave under Ubuntu 14.04
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:59:09 +0000

Hello,

When trying to compile the development version of Octave under Ubuntu 14.04 I’m getting the following error :

  GEN      doc/interpreter/triplot.eps
error: __osmesa_print__: Depth and stencil doesn't match, are you sure you are using OSMesa >= 9.0?
error: called from
    __opengl_print__ at line 172 column 7
    print at line 431 column 14
    geometryimages at line 62 column 5
error: unhandled execution exception -- eval failed

Among many other similar issues.

I do have

libosmesa6-dev 10.1.3

libosmesa6 10.1.3

installed from the official repository. I’m using the Intel driver.

Any thoughts on what could be the problem?