Re: How to disable pdf generation but keep function help

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: How to disable pdf generation but keep function help
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 00:35:28 -0700 (PDT)

Mike Miller-4 wrote
> No, same here. I'm wondering the reason for the --disable-docs. Is it
> because makeinfo or texi2pdf are broken on Mac? Or is it because of the
> non-visible figure printing with OSMesa?

Yes, the reason is that I cannot produce figures due to osmesa. However the
figures are only needed for the pdf (or html) docs. Those files can be
rather easily accessed from the internet and thus I am not very concerned
for now. Nonetheless, the functional help would be nice to have.

My idea was to disable only the specific pdf/html build targets but it would
be rather tedious for me to go to all details of doc/module.mk. It would be
great if someone could give me a hint. I could also try to create a new
configure switch "--disable-manual" or something similar....

Sebastian

P.S.: I do not think that it matters but I use texinfo 6.0.