Re: Octave doxygen

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave doxygen
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:55:36 -0400

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 03:11:37 -0700, Manpreet Dhiman wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I just add FILE_PATTERNS= .m and EXTENSION_MAPPING= .m=c++ in my
> doxygen.conf file. It shows nice doxygen documentation for .cc files and it
> also shows documentation for .m files, But it is not as good as compared to
> c++ documentation. Is .m files follow same procedure for creating
> documentation like other lanuages? . Is comments are mandatory for doxygen
> documentation.

My understanding is that doxygen has to have some understanding of the
language grammar, and does not support Octave or Matlab m-files out of
the box. Some googling confirms that some people have tried to write
scripts to preprocess Matlab m-files so that doxygen can process the
comments.

I don't know that anyone in the Octave community is using doxygen with
m-files, but you are welcome to try to get something working, and let us
know if you have something that others might find useful. But you will
be pretty much on your own.

We use Texinfo in Octave to document m-file functions, you can find more
help and plenty of examples if you'd rather use that than try to figure
out how to work with doxygen.

Good luck!

--
mike