Re: Octave 4.0.0 Version

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.0 Version
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 07:03:44 +0000

On 23 Sep 2015, at 07:20, Mallikarjuna Jangannavar <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> We require your help in resolving the below error. We are  compiling octave
> 4.0.0 in RHEL 6.6.
>
> While running below command we end with the error.
> Command we run à ./configure --prefix=/prog/rdtoolbox/octave-4.0.0
> --enable-openmp --enable-64 F77_INTEGER_8_FLAG=-fdefault-integer-8
>
> Error à configure: error: BLAS doesn't seem to support 64-bit integers.  This
> is incompatible with --enable-64.
>
> Current Blas  we are using is à
> -octave-4.0.0 30> rpm -qa | grep -i blas
> blas-3.2.1-4.el6.x86_64
> blas-devel-3.2.1-4.el6.x86_64

Hi,

I don't think there is any package for BLAS using 64 bit integers, so you must
compile it from source
here you may find instructions:

http://wiki.octave.org/Enable_large_arrays:_Build_octave_such_that_it_can_use_arrays_larger_than_2Gb
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Compiling-Octave-with-64_002dbit-Indexing.html#Compiling-Octave-with-64_002dbit-Indexing

you may also want to consider using OpenBlas instead of the reference BLAS.
OpenBlas has a compilation flag called INTERFACE64 which you could set to 1
to enable 64bit integers, though I never tried this myself.

After rebuilding blas/lapack to use 64 bit integers you will need to rebuild
from source all
libraries that link to blas/lapack so they use the new versions.

c.