Re: fmincon and quadprog in octave

From: Rajiv Bhutani
Subject: Re: fmincon and quadprog in octave
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 05:47:11 -0400

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 5:20 AM, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 04:47:35PM -0400, Rajiv Bhutani wrote:
> 2) Also, does this discrepant behavior of Octave vs MATLAB output qualify
> as a bug in octave, or is it too small to be considered a bug?

Principally, that's up to you. What discrepant behavior do you mean?
That Octave-optims quadprog does not give a warning? I'd think that it
only should give a warning if verbosity is increased by an option (but
that's currently not implemented). Or that non-existance of a solution
should be detected? For both issues, there could be a bug submitted,
if you'd like to, marked "feature request".

Olaf

Yes, I meant exactly this by the discrepant behavior. I should get a warning. More important than getting a warning is that octave should tell me that solution is non-existant without me having to use exit-flag. Thanks for your help. I am going to file a bug report.

Best Regards,
Rajiv