Re: Octave for Mac OSX?

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: Octave for Mac OSX?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 17:49:26 -0400

On Sep 3, 2015, at 3:18 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> 3.8.2 is available via Fink, Macports, and Homebrew (I think).
>
> I am able to build Octave 4.0.x on Mac OS 10.10.5 using Fink for
> dependencies. However, the sources must be patched.
>
> Ben

Thanks Marius and Ben. I guess I'll have to wait to see how things play out. I
am certainly not interested in buying a computer that makes Octave inaccessible.

I'm a mathematician, not a computer geek. Any time I have to patch software
together to make it work that software is inaccessible by definition.

Regards,

Vic