Re: displaying an image

From: lana frankle
Subject: Re: displaying an image
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 12:43:15 -0700

Do you know if those errors (the lack of space for help and doc and the colon instead of the semicolon) are correct for MATLAB, just not Octave?  Or are they just errors?

Thanks,
Lana

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 1:44 PM, lana frankle <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks, got it!

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:43:10 -0700, lana frankle wrote:
> Nicholas helped me with adding a space to help and doc, and I'm no longer
> getting an error there.  But the color channel code is still giving me an
> error.

The syntax error is due to the colon ":" on the end of your imagesc
command line, that should be a semicolon ";" character, or just omit
it. Functions that plot something usually don't return anything, the
semicolon is for suppressing display of the return value from a
function. Try the following:

  >> x = 12
  x =  12
  >> x = 12;