Re: Problem installing image-2.4.1 after fix in bug 65843

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Problem installing image-2.4.1 after fix in bug 65843
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 21:14:10 +1000

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 20:46:04 +1000, Terry Duell <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Andreas,

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 17:25:18 +1000, Andreas Weber <address@hidden>

[snip]

I haven't done this before but since the check in configure.ac only
checks gcc and not if the source is patched to avoid the problem, I
think you have to delete/comment the check
(http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/image/rev/c506938a4ca6) in configure.ac
and rerun bootstrap.

Not sure what or where bootstrap is.
I built from Fedora 24 src.rpm, so I am assuming from what you say that I have to rebuild Octave, which seems a bit at odds with the text describing the workaround, as it only talks about a patch to the image package on Octave Forge.
Can someone please clarify exactly what needs to be done?

Greatcoats off. I now understand and have image installed OK.
Thanks for the help and apologies for not initially latching on to your advice.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell