Re: looping through sequential cell names

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: looping through sequential cell names
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 01:05:11 -0700 (PDT)

djbrennan wrote
> But I have seen many posts recommending against the use of eval. Do you
> have any thoughts on alternative solutions?

Indeed, the usage of eval is not recommended due to many reasons.
However, once you have a setting as you described above there is no
alternative. To avoid the setting you should not store  data in different
variables in the first place. Alternatives are for example (cell) arrays or
structs.

This is not Octave specific, you might want to have a look to classical
programming literature or e.g. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eval