Re: Fsolve- add to other program

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Fsolve- add to other program
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 14:46:59 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: Leo07nard
> To: help-octave
> Date: 2015/8/20, Thu 03:24
> Subject: Fsolve- add to other program
>
> Hey everone,
> I have some functions those are functions of two state variables (Omega,
> Q). I have defined all functions by like this example :
> muk=@(Omega,Q)  Lambda.*Omega.*(Rk(Q)-R);
> mue=@(Omega)  Lambda.*Omega.*(R+h.*(1-R));
> mun=@(Omega)  Lambda*Omega*R;
> .
> .
> ..... .
> One of my variables(xe) is a solution of the equation below:
> (exp(delta*xe)-delta*muk*xe)-((muk/mue)*(delta*mun+mue))
> (note I have already defined all variables and constants and all variables
> are functions of @(Omega,Q)) But of course "xe" is not defined yet
> because
> it is the result of the equation! How can I solve this line and put the
> result (that is definitely a function of @(Omega,Q) ) in the xe to use it in
> other equations?
> Many many thanks.
> Loe

I do not understand what you want to do correctly.

Do you want solve the equation
(exp(delta*xe)-delta*muk*xe)-((muk/mue)*(delta*mun+mue))?

Are "muk", "mue", and "mun" necessary to be functions but not parameters?

Is "delta" also a parameter?

%******************
muk=Lambda.*Omega.*(Rk(Q)-R);
mue=Lambda.*Omega.*(R+h.*(1-R));
mun=Lambda.*Omega.*R;

f=@(xe)  (exp(delta*xe)-delta*muk*xe)-((muk/mue)*(delta*mun+mue))

fsolve(f, 0)

The initial guess should be selected properly.

I do not know the above is what you want.

Please give us more information if the above is not what you want.

Tatsuro