Re: How do I grant write access to an API in Octave so it can create dir

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: How do I grant write access to an API in Octave so it can create directories and files?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 05:22:20 -0700 (PDT)

RT wrote
> I'm trying to run the
>

> SOFA Matlab/Octave API version 1.0.1. Copyright 2013 Acoustics Research
> Institute
>
> This API implements SOFA version 1.0.
>

> I've emailed them and they said "I need to grant write access to the SOFA
> API directory"...it does look like the API doesn't have access to write
> and
> create directories (since the directory it tries to create isn't created),
> however I can create and delete directories with the account I start
> Octave
> with without an issue.  How do I grant access rights to this API in Octave
> to allow it to create and delete files in it's directories and
> sub-directories?

<seems you cross-posted from
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/222980/how-do-i-grant-write-access-to-an-api>

"API", "rights".... all a bit confusing lingo.

I'd figure that any userland program / process started by a user inherits
the user's permissions/credentials (unless some sticky bit has been set for
some prog).

It often happens that process/programs/users have no write permissions in a
certain location. Have you tried to manually create subdirectories where
your "API" is trying to create them?

Philip