Re: Update to Octave 4.0 for Windows

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Update to Octave 4.0 for Windows
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 13:48:52 -0700 (PDT)

ijourneaux wrote
> I have had success building MXE Octave using the instructions in the Wiki.
> Where I have stumbled is trying to incorporate more recent source code
> changes.  If I remember correctly, the new source has to be added to the
> zip files so that it can be built via mxe.
>
> Does any one have the correct procedures for incorporating recent source
> codes so that they are build via MXE?

What I usually do is to build Octave in Linux from source (in separate
source and build dirs), and upon succes (after "make check") make a dist
target using:

make all dist

- copy that dist target into the mxe-octave pkg subdir;
- adapt the settings of src/default-octave.mk: set checksum to "## No
chksum" (w/o quotes) & if required update the file extension and version,
and then do (assuming mxe-octave was configured with
--enable-octave=default):

make nsis-installer JOBS=<nr of CPU cores + 1>

This way I regularly (once - twice a week) make fresh dev versions to try on
my Windows boxes.

Philip