Re: Print Plot Results in all Black plot in file

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Print Plot Results in all Black plot in file
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 15:15:58 +0900 (JST)

--- address@hidden wrote:
> On 08/03/15 16:33, Markus Appel wrote:

> >> Nope, it's

> >> It's a known bug, see http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42838.
> >>
> >> I don't remember if there's a viable patch on that bug report yet
> >> or what the status is.
> >>
> >> You can downgrade to gnuplot 4, that works for me. Or use the
> >> other toolkits if you can.
> >>

> > I have had this 'black-squares-over-my-plots'-problem as well for some
> > time, but could not find the time and motivation (yet) to get to the
> > bottom of it.
> > As workaround for the time being I suggest trying -dpngcairo or
> > -dpdfcairo as print terminal, works for me.

> I am struggling thru the code for print.
>
> Is there a global value that can be set to control the output of print.
>
> octave:> z=1:.1:pi;
> octave:> plot(z,sin(z));
> octave:> print("sin.png","-dpngcairo");
>
> works.
>
> Without -dpngcairo opts.devopt gets set to "-dpng" and print produces a
> black square.
>
> It looks like the opts structure is passed to gnuplot in
> __gnuplot_print__.m.  As a work-around, I patched this file to force
> pngcairo.  Not a solution, just makes lots of scripts work, again.
>
> I don't see any global mechanism to set a default print device.
>
> True?
>
> Tom Dean

Current octave is not fully compatible with gnuplot 5 later.  As Mike wrote,
please use gnuplot 4.6 at the moment.

AFAIK, you are using ubuntu, right?

For my ubuntu, I am using gnuplot 4.6.7 only for octave, which is installed
from source to /opt/gp467.  I set gnuplot_binary /opt/gp467/bin/gnuplot in
~/.octaverc.

HTH

Tatsuro