always start without gui

From: Peter P.
Subject: always start without gui
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:37:08 -0400

Hi List,

Please excuse me if this has being asked already, I didn't find an
answer in the standard docs so far.
How can I disable the gui permanently, for example via my ~/.octaverc
file? I know there is a command line option --no-gui, but I would like
to avoid having to use another bash alias for that, and think it should
be possible to specify in a user's config file.
Oh, by the way, the GUI looks great and many people will profit greatly
from it!

Thank you!