RE: FW:Re: A question in Graph Theory

From: Allen.Windhorn
Subject: RE: FW:Re: A question in Graph Theory
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 13:23:25 +0000

Mudit,

The platform your professor stands on to lecture?  :-)

I don't think you need Octave to solve this, a paper and pencil
will be sufficient.  I don't know graph theory either, but I
can draw a graph with seven edges and three faces with either
six nodes (if you count the "outside" as a face), or five (if
you don't).  If it doesn't have to be planar it there may be a
different answer.  This took about 15 seconds.

Otherwise try:
http://math.stackexchange.com/questions?page=2&sort=newest

Regards,
Allen