Re: integration stops befor endpoint is reached

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: integration stops befor endpoint is reached
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 16:45:35 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
> From: T.P.
> To: help-octave
> Date: 2015/7/24, Fri 15:30
> Subject: Re: integration stops befor endpoint is reached
>
>T hank you. I've increased the Maximum StepSize. After this it has worked.
> I've added new equations to the function and I get an other message now:
>

> warning: matrix singular to machine precision
>
> And later:
> error:out of Memory or Dimension too large for Octave's index type
>
> What does it mean exactly?
The messages mean exactly as stated.

> warning: matrix singular to machine precision

Matrix calculation is internally used by solver and singularity appeared in the
Matrix calculation.

> error:out of Memory or Dimension too large for Octave's index type

Matrix calculation is internally used by solver and matrix size are over octave
index size.

However, have not you read what rocketsound wrote?

This is hard to tell, since finding a numerical solution heavily depends on a)
the solver you use and b) on the problem itself (i.e. does it contain hard
nonlinearities like the sign-function, is it stiff, ...). If supply some code
or the equation you try to solve maybe someone can give you a hint.

Please read what rocketsound wrote and reply according to items that he was
pointed.

Tatsuro