Re: IMREAD does not recognize image path

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: IMREAD does not recognize image path
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:18:24 -0400

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 14:09:05 -0700, Byron Harding wrote:
> Yes, 15.04 was what I was supposed to type. Forgive my lack of attention.
> Do I need to roll back to 14.04 Ubuntu for it to work?

The package in 15.04 is buggy with respect to the image I/O functions.
It's up to you whether you can live with that, or volunteer to get the
bug fixed, or sponsor someone to fix it for you, downgrade to 14.04, or
upgrade to the 15.10 unreleased development version (where Octave 4.0.0
is available).

Or wait a short while and we will have a 4.0.0 package for 15.04 in the
Octave team PPA that will also fix this bug.

--
mike