Re: Getting an image into octave from web-camera?

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Getting an image into octave from web-camera?
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 13:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

Davinder Kaur wrote
> How can I get an image into octave from a movie clip or a video. how to
> read a movie and having it's frames?

There used to be an octave-forge video package that AFAIK should be able to
do that (I think it was function aviread() ).
The package is currently unmaintained.

Here's a thread on it:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/octave-forge-video-package-td4651335.html

Later on someone patched it so that it built again with then current Octave
(IIRC the 3.6.x series) and more recent libffmpeg and put up the modified
package source somewhere outside octave-forge (I think it is this:
https://github.com/tufei/octave-forge-video).

HTH,

Philip