Re: Unable to compile octave-forge? Is it compatible with octave 4.0.0?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Unable to compile octave-forge? Is it compatible with octave 4.0.0?
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 12:14:50 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Doug Stewart
>To: Davinder Kaur
>Cc: Help GNU Octave
>Date: 2015/7/6, Mon 23:41
>Subject: Re: Unable to compile octave-forge? Is it compatible with octave
>4.0.0?
>On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Davinder Kaur> wrote:
>
>Thanks sir. This solved the problem. Octave-4.0.0 is now installed on my
>>system. It's working. For image processing, I installed octave-forge
>>packages from synaptic manager. But still functions of image processing are
>>not working. It shows the following message-

>>warning: the 'imresize' function belongs to the image package from Octave
>>Forge
>>which seems to not be installed in your system.
>>
>>Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
>>contribute missing functionality.
>>warning: called from
>>    __unimplemented__ at line 524 column 5
>>error: 'imresize' undefined near line 1 column 1
>>
>>I installed the packages but still its not working. Is octave-forge
>>compatible with octave-4.0.0 or not. Can you please explain whats the issue
>>here.
>>

>>--
>>

>You have to install and then load
>

>pkg load image

>>For image processing, I installed octave-forge
>>packages from synaptic manager.

As far as I know, the latest version number of products which can be installed
for octave is 3.8.1
when you use the synaptic manager.

You have installed octave-4.0.0 from source and you should not install
octave-forge packages
using the synaptic manager.

As DAS wrote
install image package

>> pkg install -forge image

After install is fished, confirm install by

>> pkg list

(out put example on windows
              image  |   2.4.0 |
C:\octave\Octave-4.0.0w64\share\octave\packages\image-2.4.0

)

When you want use image package

>> pkg load image.

To confirm image package is loaded into your octave

>> pkg list

(out put example on windows
              image *|   2.4.0 |
C:\octave\Octave-4.0.0w64\share\octave\packages\image-2.4.0

)

"*" appears just side of package name and it shows that the image package is
loaded to octave
and you can use image package facilities.

If you finished octave, load information will be lost.
If you want to load image package at octave startup add

pkg load image

in octave start up setting file (~/.octaverc)

Or to force image package to be autoloaded

>> pkg rebuild -auto image

and restart octave.

Tatsuro