3 dimensional array

From: William Becerra
Subject: 3 dimensional array
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 15:24:09 +0000 (UTC)

Hello, I am new to Octave and programming.
I was reading on arrays and i came across 3D arrays and  I am confused by the way in which octave expresses the array
Here is an example

octave:30> B(2,2,2)=1
B =
ans(:,:,1) =
0 0
0 0
ans(:,:,2) =
0 0
0 1

The 3D array is expressed as two 2D arrays and this is exactly what i find confusing. Is  B(2, 1, 1) = B(1, 1, 2) can someone please provide a short explanation to 3D arrays or refer me to some good documentation so i can understand it further.

Thank you