Re: large delay when using 'more'

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: large delay when using 'more'
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 12:58:31 -0400

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
Octave 4.0.0 on Windows. don't know if anyone else notices a large delay (almost 25-30 seconds) whenever calling 'more' for help or a long output?  I've gotten in the habit of running 'more off' at the start of every session to avoid this. I think I remember previous versions of Octave having similar issues, but only on the first use of  'more', after which display was almost instantaneous.

Thoughts?  can submit a bug report if I'm not missing something.

just a slight update:  I get a 20-30 second delay in displaying output from anything with "more on", but only the first time that particular thing is called.  I.e., I first noticed it when doing a "pkg list". but subsequent "pkg list" calls would appear without delay.  A "help n4sid" would delay the first time, then appear immediately if I type it again. same for any other long help entry. after delaying the first time, I can go back and forth between the two without delay.

I just found out that if I resize the command window (I'm using the gui), the initial delay returns.

Does anyone else get the same behavior? Would like to confirm that it's not just me...