Using octave-4.0.0

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Using octave-4.0.0
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 12:45:12 +1000

Hello All,
I have just installed octave-4.0.0.
Previously, I would invoke 'octave --force-gui' if I wanted to work with the gui, but often I would simply work from a terminal using 'octave fred.m'. Thus far I haven't found a way of running octave-4.0.0 in terminal mode. Is there a way of doing that? My build of octave-4.0.0 has JIT disabled. This may simply be a carry over from the Fedora rpm build specification for 3.8.2. Is JIT now sufficiently mature/robust to warrant building with JIT enabled?

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell