Re: Using the mkoctfile -W and -Wl options

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: Using the mkoctfile -W and -Wl options
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:22:57 +0100

>my solution is to define the DL_LDFLAGS variable
>before calling octave

> export DL_LDFLAGS="-shared -fopenmp  -Wl,--allow-multiple-definition"

>I suppose using setenv should also work but I never tested it.

>>    obviously in reality I want to do more than pass this parameter, can
>> someone explain the right way to do these please, or point me to a more
>>    detailed resource on this?
>>

>>    Thanks,
>>    Richard
>>

>Marco

Thanks,

I'd really like to know how to use these options though, setting environment variables is not a good option for me. Besides, if you can't do it using these options, there is a bug in either mkoctfile or the documentation, unless I'm misunderstanding what it says (entirely possible).

p.s. I'm not actually subscribed, so if anyone could please CC me in replies that would be good

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.