Re: Using the mkoctfile -W and -Wl options

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: Using the mkoctfile -W and -Wl options
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:05:24 +0200

On 6/25/2015 3:38 PM, Richard Crozier wrote:
Hello,

Could someone possibly provide an example of using the -W and -Wl
arguments for mkoctfile?

"
      '-Wl,...'
           Pass flags though the linker like "-Wl,-rpath=...".  The
           quotes are needed since commas are interpreted as command
           separators.

      '-W...'
           Pass flags though the compiler like "-Wa,OPTION".

"

my solution is to define the DL_LDFLAGS variable
before calling octave

 export DL_LDFLAGS="-shared -fopenmp  -Wl,--allow-multiple-definition"

I suppose using setenv should also work but I never tested it.

obviously in reality I want to do more than pass this parameter, can
someone explain the right way to do these please, or point me to a more
detailed resource on this?

Thanks,
Richard

Marco