Re: Getting For Loop to use 7 of my 8 cores

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Getting For Loop to use 7 of my 8 cores
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 11:42:13 +0200

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 02:41:37AM -0400, RT wrote:
> Yes can you send me instructions on how to get your patched
> parcellfun/pararrayfun to optionally compute only one cumulative result.

Have mercurial installed.

(If you intend to install as root, first call from the shell:

umask 022
)

The shell command:

hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/parallel parallel

will create a directory 'parallel' in your current working directory.

'cd' into parallel/src, and do:

./bootstrap
rm -r autom4te.cache/

then do 'cd' back with:

cd ../..

and create an archive file with:

tar -czf parallel-2.2.1.tar.gz parallel/

start Octave, either as root or not (for a local package install), and
type:

> pkg install -auto parallel-2.2.1.tar.gz

or alternatively:

> pkg install parallel-2.2.1.tar.gz
> pkg load parallel

(In the latter case you will have to repeat the 'pkg load parallel'
call in each Octave session, possibly including it into a startup
file.)

That's it, probably.

For your origingal problem, please first try to get along by reading

> help parcellfun

and possibly also

> help pararrayfun

. If despite a serious effort this does not help, you can get advice
at this list.

Olaf