Package installation trouble

From: Vinicio Serment Moreno
Subject: Package installation trouble
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:00:15 -0400

Greetings, my name is Vinicio and I am a new Octave user.

I just installed the newly released version 4.0.0 running on Windows 8.1, although I have trouble installing any package via sourceforge (-forge) or by downloading the file to my computer.

I had tried to install the "struct" and "odepkg" both ways, and every time I get this final message:

"pkg: error running `make' for the odepkg package.
error: called from 'configure_make' in file C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\share\octave\4.0.0\m\pk
g\private\configure_make.m near line 96, column 9"

I also read this newly released version of Octave has some Windows incompatibilities. Is this installation problem one of the incompatibilities mentioned?

Thanks for your help

--
Vinicio Serment Moreno
PhD Student