Re: constructing variable names from strings

From: D Peter Siddons
Subject: Re: constructing variable names from strings
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:15:23 -0400

Hi Joao,
Looks good. I'll try it. Interestingly, eval() is not in the on-line manual index.
Thanks :)
Pete.

On 06/18/2015 12:48 PM, Joao Rodrigues wrote:
eval and strcat will do the trick.

On 18-06-15 16:54, D Peter Siddons wrote:
Is it possible to build a variable name from strings? I'd like to batch-process a lot of data. The data is held in directories identified by the dataset number, with Octave variable names built (by a C program) from the dataset number. I then need to loop through these directories to perform more processing, loading the data and saving processed data based on the dataset ID. I need to have the variables uniquely identified with the dataset because I need to have multiple datasets in memory simultaneously.