Re: Octave 4.0.0 freezes during start on win7

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.0 freezes during start on win7
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 14:24:25 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

>>  Final try,
>>>  octave --eval "graphics_toolkit gnuplot" --no-gui-libs
> --persist
>

>>  BTW, as a reference, which graphics card are you using?
>
>>  Tatsuro
>
> Well, this opens a new - immediately closing - terminal, with octave-gui.exe
> complaining: 'unrecognized option '--no-gui-libs''.
> I tried '--no-gui' instead. This results in an empty octave-cli.exe
> terminal, freezing...
> My graphics card is Nvidia Quadro K600.
>
> Ingo
>
> PS: Tatsuro, I really appreciate your help, but on the other hand I don't
> want to waste your precious time. As - for now - I haven't got any
> 'hard' reason to use 4.0.0 (just the attraction of the new version), I
> could continue using 3.8.2 without any difficulty. So feel free to stop at
> this
> point, especially as it seems that I'm the only user with this kind of
> problem.

This post is mere a record and no replies are required.

I have filed this issue to the bug tracker.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45312

I cannot judge the issue that you met really a bug or not but
I think that the issue deserve to be filed in bug tracker because it is
possible that
someone will meet the similar issues in the future.

Tatsuro