octave script help

From: Yasmin Khattab
Subject: octave script help
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:47:23 +0200

Hii i need help and i did not any answer to my problem
i have this script that should run octave to plot data
now it did not work it just ran octave and waited it did not execute the commands so i made 2 separate scripts , in the first one i just call the:    octave script.sh argument
where script.sh is my octave script but still it did not execute the commands because of a problem with my argument and i do not know how to solve it
here is my script.sh

#!/bin/bash
# example octave script

arg_list = argv ();
num = str2int(arg_list{0});

M = dlmread("/dev/shm/waitingTime"$num".txt");       ------> error appears here at num
x = M(:,1);
y = M(:,2);
WT = stem(x,y);
`saveas(WT, "/dev/shm/wt"$1".pdf");`

M = dlmread('/dev/shm/thinkingTime'$1'.txt');
TT = stem(x,y);
`saveas(TT, "/dev/shm/TT"$1".pdf");`

close all
 any help ???