Re: mkoctfile command not found, from linux shell prompt

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: mkoctfile command not found, from linux shell prompt
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 07:55:17 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: shravan61
> To: help-octave
> Date: 2015/5/14, Thu 05:47
> Subject: RE: mkoctfile command not found, from linux shell prompt
>
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply. I added the octave installation path to $PATH.
>
> I tried to compile using mkoctfile from linux shell prompt, I got the
> following error.
>
>>>  mkoctfile src/octv1op1res.cpp -I../clib/src -o  bin/octv1op1res
> src/octv1op1res.cpp:1:24: error: octave/oct.h: No such file or directory
> src/octv1op1res.cpp:9: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type
> conversion before '(' token
>
> When I do the same from octave tool, I don't see any error and
> octv1op1res.oct file is created. Any idea why I am seeing the above error
> from linux shell prompt. Do I have to set any other path?
>
> Thanks
> Shravan
>

>>> mkoctfile src/octv1op1res.cpp -I../clib/src -o  bin/octv1op1res

> src/octv1op1res.cpp:1:24: error: octave/oct.h: No such file or directory
> src/octv1op1res.cpp:9: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type
> conversion before '(' token

How did you install octave?
(Please clarify the OS, distro(ubunutu etcs.) and other information(machine
information).

Perhaps environmental variable setting for your octave is corrupt.

Try mkoctfile -v or mkoctfile --verbose to clarify how command line expanded in
details.

$ mkoctfile -v src/octv1op1res.cpp -I../clib/src -o  bin/octv1op1res

In your case, perhaps CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS, etcs are required to be set.

Tatsuro