Re: docset for extra packages

From: Stephan Sahm
Subject: Re: docset for extra packages
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 13:08:35 +0200

Dear Oliver,

thanks for the links and the hint how to adapt the python script. This will probably need a bit of time for me.
I will see what I can do.

best wishes,
Stephan

On 29 April 2015 at 18:36, Oliver Heimlich <address@hidden> wrote:
On 29.04.2015 18:10, Stephan Sahm wrote:
thanks a lot for taking a look upon it. The html files which you linked
collect only standard octave functions, but no extra packages
documentation unfortunately.
It is exactly the latter which is missing in my docset.

Stephan,

I feel sorry for missing the important part in your initial request.

Does anybody know, whether there is a united list of octave functions
like provided by the links above, for EVERY official  octave function
there is (i.e. also within extra packages)?

For the packages available at Octave Forge you could use the documentation there. I guess you mean these packages with the term “official” packages.

http://octave.sourceforge.net/functions_by_package.php

This page contains an index of functions from all packages (but not from Octave core). The format is different from the index of Octave core, so you probably have to create a new python script for indexing them.

Also, please note that some of the packages are deprecated and the list does not contain class methods (cf. https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44198 ).

A different approach: Select the packages that you are interested in and build the function index from these pages (these include class methods and should be complete):
http://octave.sourceforge.net/[packagename]/overview.html

The functions for Octave core can be found here:

http://octave.sourceforge.net/octave/overview.html

Oliver