Re: Using QtHandles as the graphics toolkit

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Using QtHandles as the graphics toolkit
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:59:46 -0400

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Nick Jacobs <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm using Debian Jessie (up-to-date as of 2015-04-26) and installed everything necessary except QtHandles itself from the Debian repository (QtHandles doesn't seem to be in the Jessie repository).
I cloned the QtHandles repository at github.com/goffioul/QtHandles and built it with qmake and make, successfully.
The as root, I installed it with the install.sh script (which copied __init_qt__.oct , PKG_ADD and COPYING to
 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/octave/3.8.2/oct/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/QtHandles)/

That's all that the README says should be necessary. But when I start Octave and type:
graphics_toolkit qt
the response is:
error: graphics_toolkit: qt toolkit is not available
error: called from:
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.8.2/m/plot/util/graphics_toolkit.m at line 70, column 5

and if I type:

available_graphics_toolkits
it just lists fltk and gnuplot.

It seems I've missed out some vital step, but what? Do I have to build octave from source with some special configuration option for it to see QtHandles?

Try to run "__init_qt__" from octave GUI.

Michael.