Re: A tale of two errors?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: A tale of two errors?
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:11:02 -0400

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 17:17:15 +0000, David Jackson wrote:
> Howdy,
> For some reason I volunteer to take a crack at converting the attached
> script to Octave? Which was kind of odd, since I have no experence with
> neither Matlab or Octave?? However take a look at the FAQ...
>
> The attached script is used to adjust daily/monthly/yearly sunspot count for
> the American Association of Variable Star Observers. The other
>
> Two common Matlab conversion questions:
> Line 71: Matlab-style short circuit.

This is a warning, not an error. This is discussed in both the Octave
FAQ [1] and manual [2].

> Line 273, 318, 267 : Nested  functions not implemented in this context?

I think this depends on how you are calling interpolsvd in Octave. But
you could try adding an "end" statement at the end of every function,
before the double lines of percents in your file, and they will no
longer be nested functions.

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#Nested_Functions
[2]
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Short_002dcircuit-Boolean-Operators.html